13 Mar 2017
- In KeepTool 12.1.5, a new menu item
“Schema | Create BYTE to CHAR semantics conversion script …”
helps you in KeepTool 12.1.5 to change nls_length_semantics of existing columns from BYTE to CHAR semantics. That can be performed best before changing from single to multi-byte character set, e.g. as a pre-migration task to Oracle 12c.
- The SQL scratchpad now shows a slightly different icon for files that are stored on a network drive.
- For better performance, Hora’s tables page now comes up with the most essential (identifying) columns only. A toggle switch “show all columns” forces the remaining columns to be shown as well.
- Improved performance for tooltips shown in SQL editor window (Table comments.)
- “Create table”, “Add column” and “column properties” dialogs now highlight most-often-used data types ‘NUMBER’, ‘VARCHAR2’ and ‘DATE’ in data type dropdown lists using a bold blue font.
- A new set of buttons below data grids allow dataset navigation, including an info panel showing record index and count.
- A new dialog “view comments wizard” allows you to selectively propagate table column comments to view column comments. That makes it much more easy to having column comments for views.
- A new menu item “Show DDL” for table columns generates SQL for adding the appropriate column including single-column constraints and column comments.
- For performance reasons, the column “Referenced constraints” has been removed from the tables | constraints grid. This information is still available as detail information for the currently selected constraint.