18 Aug 2022
- KeepTool 15.0.2 now supports Oracle 21c JSON data types
You can now create tables using the new Oracle 21c JSON data type.
- Oracle 21c BLOCKCHAIN tables and IMMUTABLE tables
You can now create blockchain tables and immutable tables.
Reverse DB and ShowDDL command create the appropriate DDL
- New: Oracle Optimizer Environment
- Both the data content browser as well as the DB object browser on the right side of the SQL editor window show tooltips for
- Describing column headers
- Looking up foreign key values
- Showing the entire data record in an instant record view.
- Some tooltips now display an icon, for example to visualize the data type of the column.
There are new icons for both numeric and character data types as well as PL/SQL Boolean and %ROWTYPE parameters.
- Changes to the Hora database page:
- Below the Alert log data grid is an new tab control. For better query performance, it allows server-side filtering of the queried time horizon: Last hour, Today, Last 24 hours, Last 7 days, or All.
- There is a new tab “Trace files“. It can be used for Oracle 12c release 2 and later.
- The data grid on the left shows recent trace files including timestamps. The tab control below allows server-side filtering similar to the Alert log page: Last hour, Today, Last 24 hours, Last 7 days, or All. The data grid on the right displays the content of the currently selected trace file. This gives you the opportunity to view trace files without logging on to the server operating system.
As of now, the trace file viewer is classified as ‘experimental’. This is because unfortunately, on some databases query performance on both V$DIAG_TRACE_FILE and V$DIAG_TRACE_FILE_CONTENTS dictionary views may lag behind your expectations.
- We made some enhancements to the “locks” tab on the sessions page as follows:
- New column “time” displays the locking time in seconds
- Red highlighting of blocking locks
- Yellow highlighting of
- User locks held by a blocking session
- Requested user locks
- Possibly remote blocking locks in a RAC environment
- Gray highlighting of system locks
- If the data contents option “Show CLOB and XML content in grid” has been enabled, both data content and SQL query resultset grids show the LOB content in an embedded LOB edit field. The initial size of the popup window that displays the LOB content now has been enlarged significantly. Depending on the position of the LOB edit field in the grid, the popup initially occupies up to 7/8 of the width respectively height of the data grid. That makes it much more easy to assess LOB content on a first glance.
- The DB Compare options dialog gives you two new choices:
- The checkbox “Hide identical objects” is checked by default. When unchecked, DB Compare also lists objects that are identical in both databases.
- A new memo box “Include objects like” has been added. It works similar to the existing “Exclude objects like” memo.
That allows you to speed up analysis in case you want to compare a small bunch of objects only.
Object names in the include list are put together by OR, whereas exclude objects are using AND.
- The setup installs Wibu CodeMeter runtime version 7.50. It is strictly recommended to update the CodeMeter runtime on your network license server as well
Therefore, download the runtime setup from https://www.wibu.com/support/user/user-software.html